Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Claire Ange by M.A. Kirkwood

This week I read Claire Ange by M.A. Kirkwood. It's about a 17-year-old piano prodigy that gets kicked out of her house with most of her stuff and not nearly enough money. She has to find a place to live and hopes that she can find work playing piano.
I really enjoyed this book. The writing style is fantastic, and it switches off from Claire's perspective to an unnamed spirit observing her. That was one of the most interesting parts of the book. All of the characters are fantastic, and many of the supporting characters are actually more interesting than the main character. The setting, New Orleans, was a really good choice because it adds so much to the story. My only complaint is that it's a little slow at the beginning. This book is almost 300 pages, so not a 2 week book, and it is realistic fiction. I would recommend it to pretty much anyone in our class.

2 comments:

Lydia Donato said...

That sounds really cool. It sounds very interesting, and I will add it to my TBR.

Briahn Witkoff said...

that sounds like a great book! thanks for the suggestion!!