Monday, October 7, 2013

City of Bones: The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare

This week I read the first book in the Mortal Instruments series. Even though this is a series, this book works pretty well on it's own. I didn't even realize that there were others. This was a fantasy book, and a fairly easy read. City of Bones is about Clary Fray, who lives with her mother in New York City. One night, she discovers that she can see demons and shadowhunters, the people designated to kill them.

Although I don't usually read this genre, I liked it a lot. It was a good combination of reality and fantasy, which made it a lot easier to read. The main thing that I don't like about the fantasy genre is having to learn all of the rules and terms of the fictional world, and I thought that this book made them very clear and easy to understand. The writing style was good, the characters had multi-dimensional personality and the plot eventually became clear. The ending was relatively satisfying. I would recommend this book to people of pretty much any age who like fantasy.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

this sounds real good, going right to my TBR list :)

Unknown said...

Interesting! I have heard of it before but never gotten to it. It sounds cool and it is now part of my overly crowded TBR list!

Nate said...

I have wanted to read this book for a while, and it helps to get another opinion.

Lydia Donato said...

I am in the middle of that right now, and i am enjoying it.