Monday, October 14, 2013

The False Prince by Jennifer A. Nielsen

This week, I read The False Prince. It is about a nobleman who takes four orphans planning to train them to be princes, then choose one to act as the prince of their country. Sage, the main character tries to beat the others and win the title, because the boys who lose will be killed.

I liked this book. The setting, an fantasy world with no real locations, was typical of this kind of book, but the plot was something entirely different and very original. The character descriptions and personalities were sometimes good, but some characters were not described at all. The writing style wasn't great, but the plot completely made up for it because it was interesting, and it kept me hooked up until the end. I don't know how many pages it is, but it's pretty short, definitely a one week book. I would recommend it for anyone who likes fantasy.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sage is a boy or girl? Sounds good!

Unknown said...

This is a book I own and should read sometime soon! Thanks for the review!

Briahn Witkoff said...

I have heard about this book. I'm glad its worth reading!!!

Anonymous said...

hmmmmmmm....(strokes newfound beard) a mysterious description. An action book. I like it. THank you for the suggestion!

david244873 said...

It sounds exciting, I'll look into it. Thanks Etti.