Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Blink by Ted Dekker


This week I read Blink by Ted Dekker. It is about a Saudi Arabian princess who is being forced to marry a guy who is planning to overthrow the government. When she flees the country, she meets a college student with the highest IQ in the world. They try to escape the people that are hunting her down. This was not as easy as the other books that I have read this year. It's 389 pages, so it probably could be a two week book, but I read it in one. It could go either way.

I really liked it. The writing style probably could have been better, but the plot was unique and very cool. My only problem was that it dragged a little bit in the middle. I would recommend Blink to anyone in our class, keeping in mind that it has some mature themes and is not always an easy read.

Next Book: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wasn't it really cool? I thought Blink was amazing especially how it evolved around religion, read it in two days! PS I am going to need my book back and City of Bones is also really cool.

Etti Cooper said...

I put it on your desk.

Unknown said...

the book sounds very interesting and why would someone make a smell for the smell of rain, why not call it "rain"