Monday, February 10, 2014

Holes by Louis Sachar

This week I read Holes. I have seen the movie, but this was my first time reading the book. It is about a boy who is convicted of a crime he didn't commit and he is sent to Camp Green Lake, where his only job is to dig one hole per day, five feet deep and five feet wide. Eventually he realizes that the Warden is looking for something.
I liked it. There was a lot more to the story than just digging holes, and there were flashbacks to when the camp was a town. All of the story lines tied together at the end. The book was pretty well written, not great, but I had no complaints about the writing style. Some of the supporting characters were one-dimensional, but that didn't bother me so much. Overall, I liked this book.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have read this book and I also thought it was really good. I would be fine re-reading it!

collar bomes said...

I have read part of the book but I never really got into it, but I have been coitering trying it again.