Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Pact by George Jenkins, Sampson Davis and Rameck Hunt

My book group book is The Pact. It is about three doctors who grew up in Newark, New Jersey. Their home lives were not stable, their families were poor and they lived in a rough neighborhood where it was uncommon to get an education past high school. They become friends and make a pact to each finish medical school.
This might be the only book group book I've ever liked. The story is really interesting and I like how it's told from each person's perspective because they all offer different perspectives that add a lot to the book. Some of the writing isn't very good, but I don't think that it detracts from the story. I would recommend The Pact because it's nonfiction but not boring and it makes you think about what Logan kids are not used to.

No comments: