Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers by Mary Roach

This week I read Stiff. It is a non-fiction book about all of the different things that happen to people after they die, including organ donors in crash tests and decay studies, cannibalism in history and composting, the newest alternative to cremation. It also looks at how these scientists view the morals of their experiments, such as attaching a puppy's head to an adult dog.
I loved it. It was the most interesting non-fiction book I've ever read and I liked the writing style. The author had a humorous tone during parts of the book but it was delivered very well so it was never disrespectful. The descriptions were disgusting which made it very interesting. It is 303 pages, so not unbearably long. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who isn't grossed out easily.

No comments: