Sunday, January 19, 2014

Slice of Life #4

When I watch TV I like to be isolated. I like to utterly unreachable, never bothered by my family's mundane needs. My parents are always accessible and willing to help, in fact, begging to help. Today they sit completely unresponsive, watching the football game. In a way, it's nice to do my homework in peace, but it's disconcerting. How important does something have to be to be 'just not the same' when recorded? How meaningful can it be when all I see is guys shoving each other and hitting their heads on the ground for an oddly shaped ball? I'm pretty sure we're the orange ones? It's a change, for sure, but in the end, I'm glad that we have more than one TV.

3 comments:

Lydia Donato said...

I think the point of football is to see a whole bunch of idiots to stupid things to injure themselves and also to eat potato chips and cheetos, and also possibly the occasional oreo.

Linda B said...

As Lydia said, snacks are good! I like that you ended with the funny line about loving the 2nd tv. Everyone has their own interests I guess.

Rix said...

Football is my excuse to escape my family's ever-present interest in anything I'm doing. "Just keep watching the orange idiots; I'll be in my room!"