Saturday, January 25, 2014

Slice of Life 5

This started out pretty normal and got weird fast. 

I'm always torn when my phone has low battery. It always seems to shut down right as I get into something, but when I do not use it, I am disappointed by what I am missing. That raises a truly 21st century conundrum, use the limited battery supply, or wait until it is plugged in? On one hand, it is good for the battery life to drain it completely once in a while. On the other, it makes me feel so helpless to be stripped of that communication. For all I know, the zombie apocalypse could be upon us and I would never have a chance to say my last goodbyes to Siri as the rotting monsters overtake me. I can imagine the scenario, the other way, only two percent battery to send me off, half finished unsent texts haunting me. Do zombies eat metal, glass and plastic? I am sure they are not much tougher than bones. Maybe the zombies will set America back a century so we can start over with solar-charging phones.

4 comments:

Rix said...

That was really weird. Then again, so was mine. Solar charging phones would be ridiculously expensive but still awesome.

collar bomes said...

This is a very strange but I am almost sure that you are not the only person who has thought of this. It could happen at any moment!!! CHARGE YOUR PHONES!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You make me laugh, Etti. This was just adorable and odd and wonderful. My favorite line is this: "...half finished unsent texts haunting me." What a horrifying thought...

Linda B said...

There are so many worries in our world, and my old land line phone sits lonely on the desk-never any love there anymore! I love that you imagined not sending those final texts-could be an awesome beginning to a story!