Saturday, March 29, 2014

Slice of Life 28/31

Expo markers smell good, a mystery mix of chemicals that have become synonymous with school. Ever since I was little, there was something very compelling about using a whiteboard to create very temporary artwork and a few minutes with the board is still pretty great. Yesterday afternoon I found myself finished with my work and just a half hour from spring break. The black marker was free. I began to draw, and I remembered how hard it is to create something great on a shiny vertical surface. I had to make sure that my hand didn't touch my previous work and if I were to erase carelessly with my hand I would have irritating smudges. I drew something that I was proud of, but everything on the whiteboard is terminated, so I didn't get too attached.

No comments: