Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Slice of Life 3/5

Nancy and Tom are back from their honeymoon and they are so tan. Nancy said she used a special brand of suntan lotion. I cannot believe that they got to see the world's largest garden hose. Unbelievable. Meanwhile, my bridge club tried a new restaurant and it was much too spicy. I ended up at that dreadful hospital and just my luck, I got the dreadful nurse. Boy, she really let herself go, just like Jimmy before he died. I ran out of my lipstick on the day that I went to get my hair done. Imagine that! Walking into the beauty shop feeling completely unprepared. Melanie's daughter just had a baby. Isn't that wonderful? She's getting the arthritis so she might have to retire soon and I might have to find another beauty shop that knows how to do my hair how I want it. That's really it, but here is a recipe that I just love and is easy on my stomach:

1 box minute rice
1 stick bacon
1/4 lb. butter 
1 box lime jello
2 slices gluten free bread
1/4 cup mayonnaise 

Make jello and minute rice. Melt butter. Combine. Chop bacon as a garnish. Bake for 30 minutes at 400 degrees. Chill. Toast bread and spread thick layer of jello mixture. Add mayonnaise. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I like how you ended with a recipe again. It actually sounds like my grandma. :).

Unknown said...

I love how you start this slice!

Unknown said...

These are very funny! I enjoy reading them!

Unknown said...

I love the beginning and the end!!

Lydia Donato said...

Ulgh.

Anonymous said...

You should make a recipe book from all these you are blogging. It'll be a hit! But seriously, this one is quite well written. You've got a really interesting voice that is very different from your own and that is not simple to do. I love this line: "Boy, she really let herself go, just like Jimmy before he died."