Thursday, March 13, 2014

Slice of Life 3/13

I like fish a lot. They're my favorite animal because they're beautiful and very graceful and they have their priorities straight. Some fish are really intelligent, and sometimes I play with the ones in my aquarium by pointing a laser at them and the back wall of the tank. Some of my fish will chase it. Being underwater seems separated from the confusing realities of the real world, which is why it upsets me when we destroy it. People don't realize the things that actually cause problems for the ocean, such as farm-raised fish. Some fish farms dump the waste into the ocean, and the tightly packed living quarters spread a lot of disease. One pound of farm-raised salmon takes about four pounds of food to raise, and that food is often whatever shows up in the trawler. Many species of bottom-feeders have gone extinct because of this. I don't want to lecture anyone on how to save the ocean, but I think that before we make efforts to save something, we should learn the facts about how to save it.

No comments: