Sunday, March 2, 2014

Slice of Life 3/2



         When I was in 4th grade, I was on an overnight and the vegetarian option was veggie lasagna or peanut butter and jelly. The latter seemed like the easier, more reliable option, but I was unjustly forced to eat the veggie lasagna, the most disgusting food I have ever eaten. Anyway, that is why I chose to go on the snowshoe trip on Friday. The Veggie Lasagna factor.
        Overall, it was disgusting. Basically, it was mushed up vegetables in between lasagna noodles, no cheese or anything. I ate it the same way I eat all horrible foods, by just picking at the less horrible parts. The edges of the noodles with no veggie mush tasted pretty good, the same way that the part of the digging the giant snow holes and eating lunch were fun on our field trip. And yet, the part that I still remember most vividly from both events were the bad parts, such as finding those little broccoli spores and painfully hiking up giant hills with feet that took a ton of effort to lift. Am I glad I ate the veggie lasagna? No. Am I glad that I went snowshoeing with my class? Yes. Somehow, the Veggie Lasagna factor has room for variation.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sounds like it tasted disgusting! Good descriptive details!