Monday, March 3, 2014

Slice of Life 3/3

So Nancy's weddng went without a htch. We sorted out the ssue with the cake manufacturer and she fnally lost the last 67 pounds and ft nto her wedding dress lke a glove. For heaven's sakes, where s the 'eye' key?  cannot fnd t. Oh, there it is. What a relief. Anyway, the dress was just darling. And also my grandchildren are just darling. Today little Kaeliyne took her first step and it was so precious and I even forgave my daughter-in-law for picking such a stupid name. I suggested Dorothy Hyacinth after my dear mother but they weren't having it. Hmm-mm, no ma'am. In my hometown it was disrespectful to disrespect your elders like that. She's a real daft little thing, always on her iWhoosawhatsit and tweetering and giving her personal information to all these Intranet creepers. Anyway, Nancy and Tom are so happy to be married and I could not be happier. They took their honeymoon to Columbus and I just cannot wait until they get back. My son taught me all about Intranet abbreviations and I am going to try some out. Oh, and Flo broke her hip. She is at that dreadful hospital downtown. I have not been to visit her because she is with the dreadful nurse who mixed up my pills when I had my operation. To end on a positive note, here is a lovely recipe that I tried at Nancy's wedding:

1 cup ham, diced
2 tomatoes
1 1/2 cups Sunpix hearts of palm
1 box fetuccine
2 cups heavy cream
3/4 cup melted lard
pinch chili powder
pinch cinnamon
salt

Put ham, cream, tomatoes, hearts of palm and spices in blender. Pulse until smooth. Boil in pot. Cook noodles, strain and put back in pot with melted lard so they don't stick. Mix with sauce. Serve lukewarm.

 Author's note: I did not actually go to a wedding. This is my old person alter ego and her life is much more interesting than mine at the moment. This is also making fun of those bloggers who post general information about their lives that no one really cares about. This recipe is mostly real. It is from the back of the Hearts of Palm jar. 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Haha, that's great. I can see the similarities between you two. Just kidding

Unknown said...

Your older alter ego is pretty hilarious. She would make a great character in a book or story.

Unknown said...

This is so true! I hate it when I see people make blogs like that and expect people to want to read it and all!

Unknown said...

I really liked the weird idea for the blog, I might have to do that. I loved the part about how "you" wouldn't go to the hospital because of the dreadful nurse who mixed up your pills during the operation.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Etti.... This is my favorite line: "She's a real daft little thing, always on her iWhoosawhatsit and tweetering and giving her personal information to all these Intranet creepers."

Briahn Witkoff said...

I really like how everything was miss spelled and it just added a little something to the character.