Sunday, March 23, 2014

Slice of Life 3/23

Public Service Announcements were once just something I had to deal with and sit through, but now I find them kind of interesting. As I was surfing YouTube, I found a link to the Top 20 Scariest PSAs. Obviously, I watched it. Some of them are just scary for the sake of grabbing your attention, but the really effective ones grab your attention and make the message clear. One of my favorites was for the Concerned Children's Advertisers and it was telling the viewer to be careful about believing everything you see on TV. This one isn't really scary, but it's funny and I definitely wish I had a house hippo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLG2JP0P5JE

I love this one. This one is very memorable and effective, but its really gory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1BCA8dQfGi0


2 comments:

Linda B said...

I've never seen either of these Etti, but they are quite provocative. I do know that I never buy Nestle products for other reasons in addition to the one stated. I wonder when (or where) the PSAs play?

Unknown said...

There are some pretty interesting PSAs out there. Love the House Hippos! The one I always remember, especially since it's part of Americana at this point is the "This is your brain on drugs" PSA.