Saturday, March 8, 2014

Slice of Life 3/8

The secret to a perfect tiny scoop of ice cream is that cookie dough scooper thing.
 I stirred in the orange peel, hoping that the fire was not too hot and and my sugar was secure, all while instructing my brother on how to mold cookie dough to the outside of muffin tins. Cooking sugar always seems precarious, even if it is basically just simple syrup. They cooked for fifteen minutes, smelled oddly similar to bacon, cooled for an hour and were dipped in chocolate and chilled. My candied orange peels were only one element of my crazy weekend project, along with cookie bowls and orange sorbet. I made everything myself, I even juiced the oranges. My project took several hours, an unreasonable amount of sugar and a ton of dishes, but it was fun, and it was really good, and I'm proud of myself for accomplishing something other than watching TV. The question is, how much work is this product worth?

2 comments:

collar bomes said...

I just finished making piggy cupcakes for a unit project. I really love baking.

Anonymous said...

Yum, yum, yum! Those sounds amazing. Yum! Isn't it a great feeling to do something other than watch TV? This sounds like a wonderful way to spend your weekend.