Sunday, March 30, 2014

Slice of Life 30/31

It's nine in the morning and my alarm clock just went off. The radio was welcome today rather than weekdays, when anything that plays is grating but I'm too tired to do anything but sluggishly hit the button. I pick up the book that I need to finish before my Hebrew lesson. It's now 9:10. I have 110 minutes to read 40 pages. That's more than enough. I finish and wander downstairs for breakfast, hearing my brother and sister practicing the four questions for Passover. I'm glad that I don't have to do it this year. Reading the four questions is torture. Basically, a bunch of relatives stare at you with this expectant expression that says that they think you're adorable and that you're basically the lowest form of human, to be used only for their entertainment. I'm surprised they don't make us wear demeaning hats. I guess their demeaning stares are enough embarrassment. I am always relieved to see the one member of the meager audience who just looks bored and hungry. This year, my siblings will be the four questions monkeys and I will stare with the murder gaze.

No comments: