Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Slice of Life 3/25: See You at Harry's by Jo Knowles

This week I read See You at Harry's. It is about a girl who hates her family and but especially her little brother, who is very irritating. They own an ice cream place. It is somewhat sad.
I did not like it. Everyone kept recommending this book so I was surprised because it was so young and easy. I guess it was sad, but the main character didn't have much of a personality, so there wasn't enough of an emotional reaction to the tragedy for it to be really sad. That was the problem with most of the characters, they had one prominent feature and other than that, they were flat, boring cardboard people. If you like being bored, really cliche, unoriginal plots or are 10, this is the book for you.

5 comments:

Lydia Donato said...

this book was a combination of sad and boring. I agree with you.

Anonymous said...

This book was sad, and I thought that it was alright, but I agree with some of the things that you said in this review.

Etti Cooper said...

Just making sure that I fixed the Robot Check.

JP said...

This was a really good but sad book

collar bomes said...

I haven't read it and I don't really pan on reading to. I have heard more bad things than good things.