Monday, March 10, 2014

Slice of Life 3/10

I woke up at 7:00 this morning, according to my alarm. I sat up, confused and disoriented for a moment, my body trying to pull itself back down and sleep for hours. The room was dark, and Waffles was still awake. Obviously her internal clock won't change anything because she doesn't use analog or digital. I was tired, like always, but for some unknown reason I was less tired than usual. Maybe my mom's prodding the night before had gotten me into bed early, or maybe it was an unnatural phenomenon.
As I sat in the car, feeling all clean and fresh with wet hair, I saw the sun rise as we drove down 6th Avenue. I don't really understand the time change, what happened or why it has to happen, but I'm just happy to have another sign that winter is almost over.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nobody understands the time change. I like how you chose to write a whole slice of life about it.

Unknown said...

I really really like how you wrote about not having understanding anything about the morning. Thats me every day.

Anonymous said...

I love this: "Obviously her internal clock won't change anything because she doesn't use analog or digital." It is a unique and adorable way to write about the time change. I, too, am way ready for this whole winter thing to be done.