Sunday, March 23, 2014

Slice of Life 3/22

Once my siblings go to bed, I can watch TV in peace. I sit on the end of the couch and watch something that is inappropriate for them as I hear their footsteps upstairs. They run and yell a lot before bed, which is probably frustrating for my parents, but I think its funny. Sometimes I'll hear my brother throw a tantrum because its too late for his to watch this old cop show that he likes. Once they are in bed, my parents come downstairs, usually my dad first, trailed by Zippi, which causes the old dogs to bark incessantly, forcing me to pause my show for at least five minutes. Then my mom comes down, finishes cleaning the kitchen and sits down on the other end of the couch. My dad finishes feeding the dogs at about this time and he stands in the back of the family room, quietly judging whatever I'm watching as my mom tries to tell me when to go to bed. At this point I'm pretty much doomed.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I understand what your talking about Etti