Sunday, March 30, 2014

Slice of Life 31/31

I drag music onto the playlist, scrolling down and clicking on albums.
"That one," says my sister.
"NO," I reply. "That makes me want to pull my hair out."
"Ok." A sigh. My brother appears in the doorway.
"Do you have another copy of the packing list?" he asks.
"I'll print one." We are going on a road trip tomorrow, and I'm helping them prepare. It takes a ton of effort to get my family out of the house, especially because we have three dogs, a leopard gecko, an outdoor pond, an aquarium and an endlessly confusing system of trash cans and light switches which I haven't even mastered yet. It took three hours to instruct our house sitter. Tomorrow is the last day of our Slice of Life challenge, and I don't want to count on remembering to do it on the road. It's been fun, and I liked all of the writing practice. Sometimes it was definitely a challenge to come up with something about my life that was worth writing about. I am proud to have posted all 31 days, so I'll post this last one and pack with my brother, who has been incessantly asking if I'm ready yet.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post! Do you really have that many pets?

Nate said...

I really like all of the nice descriptions in your post. Happy end of SOLSC!!